Talk to me..


Monday, March 12, 2007

Most FAQ




For those who aren’t computer geeks and don’t understand what FAQ stands for or means, lemme tell you, FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Question. In my case, right from the time I’ve been small, I’ve always been faced with the question, “What does your name mean?” And I’ve always answered that “I don’t know” or “What’s in a name?” :)

Anyway, I do intend conducting a small research on my name but till the results are tabulated/formulated/evaluated let’s proceed to the next most FAQ that I’m confronted with now-a-days which is, “When are you getting married?” Believe me, this question has been asked to me so many times that I’m very much habituated to this question and have fairly well rehearsed my answer which is a simple, “I don’t know”…

The other day I was leafing through the 14th February edition of Femina and came across an article titled ‘Love Actually’ by Diana Kotwal. It was really a very impressive article on women and I’m pasting an excerpt of the same which is very much the answer I would like to give all those people who ask me the Q: “When are u getting married???”

….Women want to Believe

We’re not going to settle for less. Not going to rush into hurried nuptials. And we’re certainly not going to pressurize men who don’t want to be with us. As for the assortment of aunts who circle us like vultures at every family wedding, bring it on. You don’t scare us. Despite all your efforts, we’re going to stand our ground.

The thing is buried deep within our cynical hearts is faith. We know he’s out there. Please, there’s no hurry, we’re equipped with the patience of a water buffalo.

When our time comes, we believe it’s going to be worth waiting for. We’ll find our imperfect, real, passionate, attentive equal.

Bottom line, women are highly complex, intelligent and multidimensional creatures.

We want men who are highly complex, intelligent and multidimensional creatures.
Go home, Prince Charming, we’ve got a real man to find.

1 comment:

JUDE RAO said...

Very Interesting, where did u copy that from, oh im being too sarcastic ;)