Talk to me..


Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Creed

I will seek to balance career and family as best as I can, since both are important to me.

My home will be a place where my family, friends, guests and me find joy, comfort, peace and happiness. I will seek to create a clean and orderly environment, yet livable and comfortable. I will exercise wisdom in what we choose to eat, read, see and do at home. I will not worship the Idiot Box but use it to widen my knowledge and relax after a long day at work.

I especially want to teach my children to love, to learn and to laugh- and to work and develop their unique talents. I will succeed at home first.

I will seek and merit divine help. I will never compromise with honesty. I will remember the people involved in a fight and hear both the sides before judging. Obtain counsel of others. I will develop one new proficiency a year. I will plan tomorrow’s work today. I will maintain a positive attitude. Keep a sense of humor. I will be orderly in person and in work.

I will not fear mistakes, but will fear only the absence of creative, constructive and corrective responses to those mistakes.

I will facilitate the success of subordinates. I will listen twice as much as I speak. And concentrate on the task at hand, not worrying about the next job or promotion.

I will be a self-starting individual who exercises initiative in accomplishing my life’s goals. I will act on situations and opportunities, rather than to be acted upon.

I will always try to keep myself free from addictive and destructive habits. I will develop habits that free me from old labels and limits and expand my capabilities and choices.

My money will be my servant, not my master. I will seek financial independence over time. My wants will be subject to my needs and my means. Except for long term car and home loans I will seek to keep myself free from consumer debt. I will spend less than I earn and regularly save or invest part of my income.

Moreover, I will use what money and talents I have to make life more enjoyable for others through service and charitable giving.

I value the rights, freedom and responsibilities of our democratic society. I will be a concerned and informed citizen, involved in the political process to ensure that my voice is heard and my vote is counted.

No comments: